Our hands-on, learn by doing model
Cal Poly's College of Engineering is world-renown and a major provider of engineers and leaders for our national economy. Our "learn by doing," polytechnic program emphasizes a hands-on education, which has proven extremely successful in producing engineers for industry and graduate degree programs.
Cal Poly College of Engineering is different
- Students are immersed in engineering when they arrive on campus.
- There are more that 80 labs supporting undergraduate engineering education.
- Many students participate in cooperative work and summer intern experiences
- Industry representatives - often alumni - engage students in "real world" projects.
- Students are required to complete a capstone senior project.
The result of the Cal Poly "difference"?
Employers and industry agree: College of Engineering graduates are better prepared for the workforce and for leadership in technology and business because of their hands-on experience and their ability to work collaboratively in teams and across disciplines.