The College of Engineering Ambassadors are an enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and high-energy team of engineering students who volunteer their time to give tours of the College of Engineering. Student-led tours give prospective students and their parents an opportunity to see Cal Poly’s engineering program through a current student’s perspective. Each member of the club has gone through at least one quarter of training and has a broad knowledge of each of the thirteen majors in the college.
CENG Ambassadors actively represent the College in a visible public relations role. Ambassadors represent the College, its programs, and its students to industry representatives, alumni, parents, and prospective students on an individual and college-wide basis. In addition, Ambassadors participate in large-scale college events such as Parents' Appreciation Day, Homecoming, the College of Engineering Awards Banquet, and Open House.
Students chosen to participate as Ambassadors will enjoy opportunities to enhance their leadership, interpersonal and public speaking skills while gaining invaluable knowledge about the University and College through close working relationships with the Dean, Department Chairs, faculty, and staff.
Are you a prospective student who is interested in engineering? A corporate representative on campus for recruiting? Or an alumnus visiting the campus? Whatever the reason, we are pleased to have you come visit us!
College of Engineering Overview and Department Tours are provided by the Engineering Ambassadors.
Engineering Overview Tours
An Engineering Overview Tour covers the field of engineering, the engineering majors offered at Cal Poly, and the similarities and differences of each major. Your tour guides will take you through many engineering labs, a key part of Cal Poly’s “Learn by Doing” curriculum. Tours are designed to help high school and college transfer students learn about engineering and decide which engineering major is right for them. Tours last two hours and end at Chumash Auditorium in the University Union (Building 65) a few minutes before the university campus tour begins.
Register for a CENG Tour
Printable Guide (PDF)
1. Visit the University Tours Page.
2. Scroll to the "College Tours" section, and select "CENG."
3. Scroll to the "College of Engineering" option to see the next available tour date.
4. Select that tour date, or choose another date from the calendar on the top-left of the itinerary window.
5. Select an available time-slot, and click "Next."
6. Click on the "Register" button.
7. Answer the required questions, and complete the registration process. You will receive a confirmation with your tour itinerary.
Thanks! We look forward to your visit!
Register for a Department Tour
Tours for your Group or School
School or tours for groups of 10 or more can be requested by special appointment only. Group tours are private overview tours tailored to the needs of your group, whether it is constrained time availability or a particular interest in select engineering majors. Typically, group tours are two hours long. If you would like to schedule a group tour, please contact College of Engineering Ambassadors at email@example.com with the following information:
- your name
- email address
- number of people in your party
- tour date and time preference (starting time and tour duration)
- age profile of tour group (elementary, middle, high school, transfer students, etc.)
- any particular area of interest within the college
- any other relevant information to better tailor a tour for your group
Note: Tours are not available after 5pm, on weekends, or on academic holidays.